Thursday, August 21, 2008

Act II

Scene: Monterville (sweet, middle of nowhere road of a town) West Virginia. The past few days have been a schizophrenic weather anomaly of rain and sunshine. Taking into account the size of bugs and foliage akin to the rain forest. Don't mistake these specifics to mean anything negative. It's quite beautiful, and a little daunting for someone who doesn't know what poison oak or ivy looks like. :) Moving on. 12th day of vacation. Scheduled to go home in two days. I can't remember the last time I had such a good time, but today things were different. This morning I woke feeling achy. I thought to myself;

Self: hmmm. Did I run ten miles yesterday?

Alter-ego: No. never in your life have you run ten miles.

Self: Well, I feel like it.

The day continues with a pig roasting. Yes, pig roasting. Everyone that is coming for the Bun-Anna Massey reunion is there. There is a lot of laughing and teasing going on. Sarcasm running free. Typical Massey style. I start feeling flu-like symptoms around 9pm and head back to the cabin with Amy and Jerry. I spend the entire night having false alarm throw up sessions in the bathroom. Until the following morning, it comes at 6am. Not pretty nor fun.

So by now I'm genuinely worried because I have to leave Monday morning at 9am to drive the rental car 5 hours to Washington DC. After which I fly from there to Denver (a 4 hour flight) sit in the airport for a couple hours then fly to SLC. Even in top shape it's taxing with two unrelenting toddlers.

SO...Thankfully I spent Sunday in bed feeling like death, while my parents and Amy watched the kids. All day I ate a few bites of apple. It was one of those days. Sunday night I asked my dad for a blessing. My Uncle Brent was prepared enough to have some oil and so I was able to get a blessing. The next morning I woke up at 6am to see Amy and Jerry and my parents off. I was a little nervous because I still didn't feel all that well. But the most amazing thing happened. The minute I got in the car to drive home I felt good. Not completely healed, but good enough to handle everything. That is the power of the priesthood, and I couldn't have had the strength if it wasn't for Heavenly Father. Thank you Uncle Brent, Uncle Rick, Jerry, and my Dad for the blessing.

We are back home in Zion (laugh it's a joke). Things are going well. Ethan starts school on Monday and I haven't decided whether I'm going to be one of those moms that bawl or that is happy. Probably a little of both. :)

4 comments:

Tyler 2nd RS said...

I witnessed the upchuck scene... well, from afar. But it was so loud it was almost like I was really there with you. Sorry about that! Hey, I like your new blog template. I would like to change mine, but we will see if I do.

Kevin and Natali McKee said...

Oooh that throwing up sucks. Thank Heavens for the blessing with that long of a trip. You have to post some pictures now. I wish we were able to go to the reunion.

gogokari said...

Glad to know that you are back in Zion. How was Ethan's first day of school?
Kari

Molly said...

I love that story. Am I allowed to read your blog? I just found it from Alyssa's.