Wednesday, November 19, 2008

A Storms a Comin'



I don't know what is going on in Utah. It is beautiful! It's almost like the calm before the storm. I think a cold front is going to come because no one should have to endure this kind of weather in November. The end of November even!

Just kidding.

I lived in Alaska too long not to take advantage of the weather. If we could just do something about the inversion...

For those of you who don't know(and be glad you don't) the inversion is a term that Salt Lake came up with instead of saying smog or pollution. It's really only in the winter when there isn't a lot of movement in the weather pattern. All the pollution gets trapped in the Salt Lake Valley and form this really sweet haze. The weathermen tell everyone to stay inside and not to exercise outside and those with asthma to stay inside as well. It's pretty fun.

So...it's beautiful today with the one exception that is the inversion. I guess I could be glad because it makes all my pictures seem like they were taken in a long ago era...

9 comments:

The Dorman Family said...

That almost seems creepy. How long does it last? You just dont go outside?

gogokari said...

I've never heard that term before. Whatever it is, it looks gorgeous there.

I LOVE Evelyn's hair! Did you cut it?

Anna said...

WEll, you just limit your time outside. It burns your lungs a little. I know, it's disgusting. It lasts however long until the air moves around. Like if a cold front or a warm front comes in. Doesn't sound much like ZION does it?! J/K.

The Prestwich's said...

Beautiful Utah. It's like my mom always said, "it hurts to be beautiful".

Anonymous said...

Anna how the heck was the movie?? was it totally scary? even just a little bit? some friends are trying to get me to go but noooooo way am I going. Even edward kinda freaked me out in the previews. anyways let me know how it was.

The Prestwich's said...

I liked your novel. A tip for lisa hansen-the movie was pitiful.

Ian and Beth Leach said...

Your kids look mangy, by the way :P

They're shelter kitties, we're working on getting them normal looking.

Love you
Beth

Jennandmikenkiddos said...

Hey cutie your kids are so adorable, unfortunate about the "weather" I feel the need to say stay in!
Love ya!!
Jenn

The Prices said...

YO Anna! It's Rachel P. Found you! come to my blog. Your kids are cutie pies.