Fellow bloggers,
To whom it may concern, I am officially in a slump. It is one of those barely hanging on slumps. The kind where you feel like curling up in bed and pulling the covers over your head. I am asking for advice. Any little tidbits! I am not looking for pity, but rather empathy. Have you been there? How did you deal?
9 comments:
Fridged arctic winters, no daylight for months, mundane work, unruly children. Sorry can't empathize. I always wake up with a spring in my step. Oh wait, I am getting depressed thinking that winter isn't even half over. ~Erik
Maybe we can lock our kids in a room together and then slump up together cause I feel exactly the same way! I am back to Mrs. Bradshaw mode. Maybe we should take a girls night out some time really soon!
I agree with Julie. The last time I was drained, My mom came for Abby's surgery thing and she took care of the house and I spent one on one time with Kevin. You definitely need some recharge time without the kids. A girls night out, a date night, anything fun. Service always makes us feel better too.
So I could tell you about the YEAR 2006...but I would need an email address because it is really not something you share over a blogspot comment. If it is a passing moment...here is my idea for you. Go tanning, workout, and then coldstone! :) Icecream and tanning always make me feel better. The workout is for good measure, but also so you don't feel guilty about the coldstone! ;)
I'd love to offer advice but I'm right there with you. Perhaps a trip up north to never-sunny (but always quirky) Moscow would cheer you up:)
Uggh, I feel for you for sure. Just like everybody else I go through cycles ok handling life fine and then...the opposite. It is a very isolating place to be. You feel so overwhelmed by it all. When I'd rather hide in the covers its so hard to do those things that you know will help you. Make little goals. Like today i will call a friend for a playdate, or I will put lipstick on. However small be proud of your little accomplishments. At times like that I have evaluated my hobbies and have found some things I had once loved to do i hadn't done in sooo long so I made it a goal to pursue some of my talents. It was really hard to do, too because I felt I was taking away time from my family or the house would never be clean...(it wouldn't be anyway, though). But I really believe when my kids see me doing things I love they are inspired and proud of me, too. I was in a community theatre play, I raced a triathlon, i took part in a dance thing...I forgot I had other interests and when i reminded myself of it i felt so courageous and whole. i remember one morning when i woke up to go running I had the ipod on and was listening to the Killers song, "I've got soul but I'm not a soldier..." and there i was living my life fuller, running, proving to myself i was somebody worth soomething and I made myself cry. I know, its all a bit ridiculous but i hope knowing you're not alone if nothing else helps a bit. I am so glad to have found your blog. It is so fun to read about your life these days. Hang in there lady!
Pharmaceuticals sister! It's the way to go :)
I think some of these other people had some great advice...get out, get in the sun (it helps with happiness for some reason..something with the vitamin D you get from the sun) exercise, get away from the kids, do something YOU love. Those always help me feel better. I've definitely had my share of 'those kind of days' so I feel for you. I'll probably sound crazy, but I also have a therapist I go see every now and again when it all just gets to be too overwhelming. It's amazing how talking to a non-involved third party can help with irrational thoughts :o) Good luck!
You said it babe, living in the land of prozac and jello. I have those days every other week for a week. I hear ya, I just don't know what takes the blaw away. Get a babysitter for the day and just go somewhere. Alone, with Bucky, the girls...it doesn't matter. If you head this way, I'll take em for a day! NO CHARGE! Good Luck!
Post a Comment