Thursday, December 29, 2011

Christmas and one of the best Christmas presents ever

Does everyone know about Pinterest? It's so much fun! I got lost on there one day and found an idea about giving a collection of letters to someone turning 60. So, 60 letters from 60 different people. I thought it would be such a perfect gift for my father-in-law Nick. He is the kind of guy that remembers everyone he's ever met and can talk to ANYBODY. It's a true talent and gift.
My sister-in-law Molly and I printed off the letters and stuffed them in these great Air Mail envelopes and tied them up for Christmas. His birthday was on the 8th of December, but we couldn't get it to him in time, so we did it for Christmas. He loved it. I would recommend this to anyone with a loved one having a milestone birthday. It was so great to read the sweet things people wrote about him. We joked around and said that we didn't have to plan his funeral because everyone had already written it.







Christmas was nice and low key, just the way I like it. We spent Christmas Eve with my brother Ryan and then with Buck's parents and brother Brady's family. We were the only ones with the in-laws for Christmas day. We went to an hour of church and that was nice. I think that we should always have an hour of church on Christmas, I liked that it changed my thinking toward Christ instead of just presents. :)

No comments: