Sunday, April 11, 2010

Legoland and the Land of Dysfunctional Parents





One of our other stops was Legoland. I have to preface this by saying that the day we went was maybe one of the biggest fighting days that Buck and I had on vacation, we just couldn't decide on what to do and when to leave the house. If you don't know Bucky and I's personalities, let me give you a heads up. We are both products of our upbringing. My family (my dad) is VERY punctual. One of the things that I heard growing up was, "If you're on time, you're late." So, I am usually a VERY punctual person. Now, on the other hand, Bucky's family, I love you all, cannot make a decision and execute it to save their lives. They take their time. SO, you can imagine how our vacation went. I wanted to get get get. And Bucky wanted to hash hash hash out every decision and detail. Which is FINE. It's just hard to work it out on a vacation. Or life for that matter.

So, we spent nearly the entire morning trying to figure out where a grocery store was where they had discounted Legoland tickets and thus making us there about an 1 1/2 hours (late) after the park opened. It was cold and windy there so we were all kind of grouchy. But, we still managed to have a decent time by the time we left that night.

3 comments:

Loughmiller's said...

WOW! I am glad there are families like us out there. I am the early bird and Stan is late to everything. I wish I knew you guys were down here, we would have come vistited. We live about 2 hours from LA.

davenportreport said...

Excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me? I'm on time. But I can't make a decision. So you're only 1/2 right.

The Dorman Family said...

We are the same!!! Its an Alaskan thing though. We had to plan to be 15 minutes early so that we could make it on time!LOL And I also had the same situation with Aarons family on our vacation! I have learned after our last vacation that its something I need to breath throuhg...LOL Nice to know Im not the only one!