Thursday, October 2, 2008

Trying Something New


Well, here's a bit of background before I start this post. My mother is an AWESOME seamstress. Just amazing. And possessing this talent, she tried more than a few times to pass this talent on to her 5 daughters. I believe Beth possesses that talent and has nurtured it a bit, and it didn't hurt that she worked at an amazing fabric store for a bit. I on the other hand, managed to go on a crazy spree of making hair scrunchies (hey it was the 90's) but that was it.

Needless to say, if you've ever tried to sew something yourself without someone else there to help you, it can be, to say the least infuriating! I found a remnant piece of fabric for like$2 at Walmart and decided to attempt to make a pair of pajama pants for Ethan and Evie. Well, lets just say what would have taken my mom, no joke, 30 minutes from start to finish, took me the better part of the afternoon. BUT! Wait for it, I finished them. At the last minute I decided that they looked to long for Ethan's skinny little legs, which I should have known was a bad mistake, because I took off about 2 inches. Now he has to low-ride them to make them look right. Oh well! I will attempt Evie's today and I'll let you know.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow..sewing...making tu-tus, what? Are you super mom or something?? Where do you find the time? Awesome job though!

massey said...

Nice attitude- she must have gotten some of that from her uncle Reed! Sewing is tough! But such a feeling of accomplishment- great job Anna!
~Annie