How do you deal with your kids fighting? My kids have been punching each other lately. And kicking. What the heck? I don't remember doing that as a kid. Only every once in a while. We are taking away TV and computer for today because of an incident this morning before school.
Help?
7 comments:
You don't remember fighting? Seriously? Thats all mom ever wanted for Christmas, her birthday, new years, our birthdays... for her kids to just get along.
World peace and love at home....
Anna,
A friend of mine posted on facebook a similar question, and one of my friends gave her some advice that she said has worked miracles for their family. When her kids are fighting, she tells them if they don't stop, they will have to hold hands for 5 minutes. If they continue fighting while they are holding hands, she makes them hug for 5 minutes. She said that her kids only had to hug one time and they totally stop now, most of the time before they even have to hold hands because they hate it so much. I know about 5 people that do this same thing with their kids and they say it works miracles, even on teenagers. So anyway, I hope that helps! Good luck!
Amber, thanks for the advice! I will try it post-haste!
The real advice already received looks best, but my dad handed us the boxing gloves and sent us out to the garage to resolve it. They were well padded.
:)
Let me know how the hand holding and hugging works. I can't imagine my stubborn kids being willing, but hey...I guess at least mine aren't kicking!
xoxo
I have also heard about a time in chair, or bench, so that they have to be together....I think nipping it now will be the best thing you can do! I dont mind the kids wrestling or messing around with eachother, but there is one thing they know that wont be tolerated, is them being mean to eachother. There is a difference. I kind of think that in a world where there is so much negativity, I cant handle it in my home at all.:) good luck!
Post a Comment