Saturday, September 12, 2009

I Feel the Earth Move...


Backhoe's should be considered one of the many wonders of the world.

Our new next door neighbors are awesome.

These are the things I know for sure.

What are the chances that we move next door to people who know how to do everything and aren't afraid to try? Slim I tell you. Gary (next door neighbor husband) is in charge of the grounds for the school district in Ogden. SO...he knows all about using a Bobcat and landscaping and using diesel fuel as a weed killer. Yeah, we take MOST of his advice but we had to draw the line at the diesel. So, long story even longer, I ask Gary how much it is to rent a Backhoe. He responds, "Ahh I know the people down at the rental place so I'll just get one. No joke 10 minutes later, there's a Kubota all ready to tear crap apart.

First he ripped down the fence that was inbetween our back yards and then proceeded to make 2 levels out of our back yard. We're putting in a retaining wall because supposedly there was some flooding in the back yard due to the slope of it. He pulled out a HUGE stump and just basically rocked it.

BUT THEN (insert dum dum dum music) as he was finishing up pulling the rest of the fence out a pipe puncured the back tire. Sh&%! I didn't say it but I knew everyone was thinking that as we heard the familiar PSSSSHHHHH. Dude. So, the back yard is mostly level but we have to smooth it out just a bit and we have to sell a kidney to pay for the back tire. A perfect Saturday.

2 comments:

Christy Woolston said...

AH, fun days. Brings back memories of watching our back yard get ripped apart and reorganized except we had to pay the big bucks.

Miranda J said...

Liked your post Anna, especially the quip at the end about selling a kidney! Congrats on buying a home.