Wednesday, November 4, 2009

World-Shelley, Shelley-World


How could you not love these pictures??? Shelley is a Sheltie. The people said mini sheltie but the guy at Petco thought she looked like a regular sheltie. Either way, she's a great dog. Although I never thought I was a pet lover, I think that I could be. It's hard to say, but she's already wormed herself into our lives (in a good way, not literally like she has worms.)

She doesn't really bark and she seems smart. Which are two of the things that I hate most about dogs, when they bark and when they seem dumb. Brutal, I know, but I didn't grow up around pets. Fish and a sad parakeet, that's it. That' s all the training I had.

But Bucky (aka Bleeding Heart as he will now be known as) and the kids (Said Spawn of Bleeding Heart 1 and 2) have wanted a pet for like 2 years, and I kept putting them off sa
ying, " Oh sorry guys we live in this apartment that doesn't allow pets." Slyly grinning when they turned around. Perfect excuse, right? Well, we no longer live in an apartment and they wouldn't let me forget it.

So, after a long rant, we have a dog. A nice dog. A dog that I'm not afraid of. I got bit by our neighbors dog when I was babysitting one time. It was really tramatic at the time and I guess I never really recovered. Until now. I don't know. She's pretty sweet. In a totally tubular way. Even now, she's laying on m
y foot under the table. How cute is that?


9 comments:

Christy Woolston said...

My kids are in love. I'd have sided with you...not much of a pet person. Used to be until my favorite Saint Bernard was murdered/poisoned by a neighbor who didn't like him. I'm more of a farm animal kind of gal now but don't have the land needed for that. Shelley is a beautiful dog though, I'm sure the kids and hubby will love her.

Amber H. said...

She is beautiful, and sounds great. I bet your kids (and husband ;o) are over the moon. And I LOVE the foot laying thing. That is one of the things I miss the most about our dog that passed away this summer. She used to always do that. So sweet.

kelly said...

I don't know why you guys getting a dog is making me so happy, but it is.
Dogs are one of the best parts about life on earth.

Alaska Massey said...

In that last picture you have the Erik smile going on... Ha Ha Ha. Mrs. McMicheal would yell at you.

lissylouhoo said...

I never thought I'd see the day... I can't wait to meet her, she sounds why better than dumb old I-only-look-cute-when-I'm-tired, let-me-jump-all-over-you-and-try-to-lick-you-with-my-stinky-poo-breath Gracie.

Ian and Beth Leach said...

Good choice on not getting a puppy. They seem like a real pain in the butt. She is really pretty. Where did you get her? Craigslist?

Nicole Leifson - Jensen said...

Henry Ward Beecher said "The dog was created specially for children. He is the god of frolic." Must be true because we got a dog a few weeks ago too and they love him. I love him to and would love him more if I wasn't allergic to dogs, a fact I didn't know until Gimli was laying at MY feet while I was at the computer! Haha, send me your email and I'll send you a blog invite to see. Dang dogs!

Vinyl Masterpiece said...

We had the same kind of dog, but we named him shelby after the shell gas station we found him at. (I know shelby is a girls name, but it worked for him) We had him for 16 years. He was a great dog.

Miranda J said...

Anna --

I love Shetland Sheepdogs; and your dog is very cute.

I would love to come visit you and your dog.

We could play the game we played last time but have a dog for one of the things.

Your cousin,
Miranda