Which brings me to this last Thursday (4 days ago). While perusing the KSL classified listing, I came across an ad for bulbs and spring flowers that a woman was selling from her yard. They were a great price and I have been dying to plant something in our front yard because it's so baron. So, great right?
$20 later and about 5 million bulbs and roots later, I'm thinking, okay this will be easy I'll just dig up the dirt in my front yard, make it all curvy and cool and then plant these flowers. Riiiiiight. This is how it started.
Also let me preface this by saying that Bucky was sick all weekend. So, I knew I would be on my own. This only adds another element of stupidity to my antics. :) When I had tried to tell Bucky that we needed to have the neighbor boy come over and till up the soil he said, "Nah, I'll just come and dig it for you. I can do it." Okay, go ahead. After about a half hour of digging he agreed that we needed some help from the rototiller.
That was the best thing that we did all weekend. After I get done raking it all and adding some amendments to the soil a neighbor walks up. He starts chatting about gardening and about talks my ear off about using rabbit poo and pigeon poo and cow manure to fertilize his yard. To which I am not trying to be nice and listen, but I'm burning daylight here, guy. He leaves and I get back to work.
Then, 20 minutes later, said neighbor drives up toting not one or two buckets of rabbit poo, but 5 buckets of this stuff. Ugh. I'm trying to hold back the vomit as I'm layering the poo, that is still a little too fresh for my liking, into the flower beds and garden boxes. I just barely got all the plants into the ground before the sun went down yesterday.
It's such a nice feeling to have it mostly done (besides mulch and brick edging). Here's the after pictures of the front yard.



2 comments:
Way to go you two! This looks awesome - Pooh and all!!!! Your great! and the flowers look great too! :-)
Oh, you're gonna love it when those bulbs start blooming. Looks like some of them are almost there. Take a picture when they bloom and share the beauty with us =)
Post a Comment